First off know that it’s completely normal and natural to be nervous before speaking.
We are born with two natural fears: The fear of loud noises and the fear of falling. The other fears are products of our environment, including public speaking.
It’s no wonder so many people fear public speaking, it has been hard-wired into many peoples psyche via our external environment, subconscious conditioning in fact.
If all we hear, read, and hear again is that public speaking is more feared than death, how can that possibly set up anyone for public speaking success? Most people start out defeated.
A lot of people who fear public speaking have never even spoken in front of a group! Powerful isn’t it.
Here’s the good news! It truly does not have to stay that way.
If we can be subconsciously conditioned to fear public speaking we can also, intentionally and consciously choose and create our own thoughts around speaking publicly.
The mindsets and habits that got you to where you are NOW, is NOT going to get you to where you want to go. If you want to get to the next level, you need to UPGRADE your mindset and an internal script about yourself as a speaker.
Here are the steps to take:
- First, take a moment and acknowledge what your internal script is about you as a speaker.
- Write it out and own it.
- Reset it and re-create your new powerful internal script.
- Commit to it.
- Act with intention on it and use it as your new permanent script.
- When your internal conversation with yourself is empowering, it sets you up for external success, public speaking success. This is an excerpt from my book: Speak Like Your Breathe: 30
- Lessons to Become a Naturally Confident Speaker.
Get it here: http://speakandgetbooked.com/products/speak-like-breathe/